Are you looking for a fast-paced, dynamic career in the pre-hospital setting? Here at the Cold Lake Ambulance Society, our staff are committed to providing the highest level of Emergency Medical Services to the citizens of our community and surrounding areas through our core values of exceptional patient care, innovation, quality, and team work.
CLAS is dedicated to employing compassionate, highly skilled and well-trained medical professionals. To qualify for one these positions, applicants must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent along with the following certifications:
- Must hold and active (unrestricted) practice permit from the Alberta College of Paramedics as an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP)
- Health & Stroke Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Criminal records check with vulnerable sector
- Current driver's abstract with no more than 6 demerits
- Valid unrestricted license with full driving privileges or a higher class of license (Alberta Operators License Class 1, 2, or 4)
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC) certification
- Completion of Alberta Health Services MCP's is an asset
In addition to the above, applicants must also be able to: drive an emergency vehicle, have excellent communications skills (in person, over the radio/telephone, and written), work a variety of shifts, perform a wide variety of duties with accuracy and speed under pressure, provide basic/advanced life support patient care, follow safety protocols, read maps and find locations, perform calmly in emergency situations, and other Paramedic related duties.
Current Employment Opportunities
Advanced Care Paramedic - Full-Time
Advanced Care Paramedic - Casual
Primary Care Paramedic - Casual